Statistics of 130000 bridge boards
Contracts by scoreIn table 1 and image 1 you can see an overview of contracts by score.
Contracts by typeTable 2 is an overview of contracts by type, image 2 shows the frequency by suit in percentage, image 3 shows the frequency of all contracts.
Contracts resultsTable 3 shows the results of all contracts, table 4 shows the results per contract.
|Results all deals 1||Total||Perc.|
|6x All small slam||5502||65.38%||2913||34.62%|
|7x All grand slam||805||66.26%||410||33.74%|
2NT resultsAs 2NT contracts went down 7% more than was expected I tried to investigate.
Table 5 shows the difference between 2NT arrived after several bids and a 2NT opening that was passed out.
Image 4 shows the average number of tricks.
|table 5||Tricks||Frequency||Average tricks|
|2NT opening bid||1186||169||7.02|
|2NT bid not opened with 2NT||16490||2178||7.57|
Table 6 shows the results for the 2NT bids
Image 5 shows the results of 2NT compared with all contracts.
|Table 6||perc. made||perc. down|
|2NT opening bid||40.24||59.76|
|2NT bid not opened with 2NT||56.88||43.12|
Image 6 shows how 1NT contract are made more often
Results for suit partscoresImage 7 shows details on suit partscores
Results for all contracts.Image 8 shows details on all contracts. For partscores you can see the percentage missed manches, for manches the percentage missed small slems, and for small slem the percentage missed grand slems
Tricks madeImage 9 shows number of tricks in percentages (all deals).
- The most obscure contract is 5NT
- The odds to end up in one club are 5 in 10000, so don't be afraid to open one club with short clubs
- At the two level spades is the most played contract
- At the three level spades is the most played suit, but the difference is not as big as at the two level
- The most played contract is three no trump followed by four spades, four hearts and one no trump
- When you end up in one heart or one spade you have more 70% chance to make it, probably due to strong hands that open one in a major
- You are most likely to have missed a manche when you end up in two notrumps or two in a major
- Too many two notrump contracts were going down. The opening bid of 2NT followed by three passes is doing very poor, only 40% of these contract are made, you might consider making the 2NT opening stronger. 2NT contracts are often down.
- Three hearts and three spades are also often going down probably due to preempts, competition and invites that were too high
- Three notrump contracts are often made, because if you belong in four or five NT you stay in three
- Four hearts is made more often than four spades, because four spades can be a save against four hearts
- At the six level we see that too little minor suit slems are bid, it should have been around 2% higher,I guess those were played in 3NT
- 85% of the 7NT contracts are made
- The average number of tricks made is 9.1
- In 42% of the deals you will score 9 or 10 tricks
- 13 tricks are more likely than 5 or less!
Pages served 4827771
Last update database: Saturday 6th of April 2013 at 09:58:53
166,119 deals in the database